Drakan registry settings

Discuss Drakan: Order of the Flame with fellow players and post any technical problems here where an 'unofficial' support team will try and help you. Gameplay help questions can go here too.
Shush
Hatchling

Drakan registry settings

Post by Shush »

Hey everyone, I'm new here but a long time fan of Drakan...I purchased the game many moons ago and only got about a third of the way through it when my then teenage son discovered it and that was the last I saw of it :/

Figuring I could get it back at anytime and thus complete what I had started I wasn't to worried...anyway I'm on a well earned vacation with not much to do and yup you guessed it, Drakan has disapeared forever, (he claims I gave it to him, not lent and thus he ended up selling it, oh woe is me)...I'm really hankering to finish the darn thing, (and cop an eye-full of Rynn), and thus I have done some research on getting my hands on a new copy.

A) Buy a legit copy somewhere, (so far impossible).
B) Download a copy of the net, (I found the link which works fine in a previous post), but at 28k it isn't going to happen painlessly.
C) Revive a previous installation on an old PC I have laying around.

"C" so far seems to be my best bet, I can get around the no cd issue with the 445 patch, but here is my problem, (yeah it took me a while to get here I know :)...the machine this copy of Drakan is on has had Windows re-installed on it many times and thus Drakan has lost its registry settings and won't start or load a game...all I need is for someone to export their registry settings for Drakan to a text file and send them to my email address a35@optusnet.com ...I'd be eternally grateful if someone could help me out here, I know it's a big ask, but I've gotta' try.

Thanks for your time.

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

You gotta wait till I get home to my Win98 PC... can't really do it on XP, this OS is screwed as it is...

Shush
Hatchling

Post by Shush »

Sweet! :)

Shush
Hatchling

Post by Shush »

Assassin hasn't gotten back to me yet, can anyone else help me out?

Thanks...

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

OK, I would help, but how do I get my registery file into text. What is the name of the registery file?? I gona browse for it brb.

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

So I made registery file for export, but its 8.5 Mb. and it contains every thing thats registered on my pc. Is there a way to cut all the extra out, so you dont get SIS, and Webshots registered?, will keep at it![8D]

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

I made another that has just Drakan registered, its still 8.5 Mb; I then used my backup to re-register everything. But you will have to get it from my ftp website. I will leave it on, tonight for you. Check my weblink for it.

Shush
Hatchling

Post by Shush »

Thanks to Axe I'm finally running around as Rynn, I've noticed there's been a couple of requests for Drakan registry settings in forums and newsgroups, so I am going to post the settings here.

Whether this is legit or not I'll leave up to you guys, (The Moderator), but just in case this ever happens to anyone ever again, I scoured the net for 5-6 hours and came up with nada...

If you do need to use these settings, a couple of caveats, you MUST change the path in each of the lines below, (i.e. D:\GAMES\DRAKAN), to wherever your version of Drakan is, also I will not be held responsible if this in anyway screws up your system and/or registry, so make sure you BACKUP your registry before you do anything silly ;P

To use just copy and paste the lines below the line of text that says <CUT HERE> into a file called "Drakan.reg", save it somewhere, fire up regedit, (from a command prompt or from the run program dialog box), and import the reg file into your registry. Don't forget to change all the paths first!

Thanks Axe and Assassin.

<CUT HERE>

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Psygnosis]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Psygnosis\Drakan]
"CDPath"="E:\\"
"GoreLevel"=""
"Installation"="D:\\Games\\Drakan"
"PatchVersion"="445"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Psygnosis\Drakan - Order of the Flame]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Psygnosis\Drakan - Order of the Flame\1.00.000]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Psygnosis\Drakan Patch 445]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Psygnosis\Drakan Patch 445\1.00.000]

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

Good to hear it worked. Sorry to see it took you 45 minutes to download the 8.5 Mb. hehe[8D]

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Meep, just arrived home...... sorry :(

Shush
Hatchling

Post by Shush »

No probs. at all...if you hadn't have replied I would have resigned myself to never playing it again, it's all good now.

ASSASSIN
Dragon

Post by ASSASSIN »

Well... I am only at home from fri afternoon to monday afternoon. :S Sorry for the confusion, lol. :)

Navaros
Whelp

Post by Navaros »

wouldn't it be simpler to just backup your Saved Games, and then reinstall Drakan. then re-copy your Saved Games to the right place?

AXE
Dragon

Post by AXE »

The problem was, no cd to install from. He had an existing game on a old hard drive that he could copy onto his new pc, but then he would have no registery settings within windows, for gamespy or even too have 445 patch to establish too.[8D]